Friday, 9 January 2009

The JW interview

Following on from the 'interview meme' of a few days back my good friend and blog-buddy JW decided to invent a new one....this one has twelve questions but you only have to answer those you want to. For more details go here, you don't even have to have a blog to join in.

So....verbose as ever, I'll try and do all twelve, here goes!

1. If you could change one piece of legislation, national or inter-national, what would it be and why? Would you just kill it or amend it?


Can I say the 'no smoking' legislation or is that too shallow?

Ok, more seriously, politics and law aren't my forte so I can't come up with one specific piece of legislation but any legislation that is forcing us into a namby-pamby nanny state instead of individuals with responsibility for ourselves should be revoked in my opinion.

Oh....and those bloody speed cameras! They can go.

2. If able to remove all mention of one individual from all media, who would it be and why? I have already done Simon Cowell, Bruce Forsyth and Michael Winner.

David Miliband, why? Because his ineffectual excuse making and ability never to answer the question have the ability to anger me almost before he opens his mouth these days.

3. What has been your most memorable meal and why? Was it the food, the company, the occasion celebrated or – what?

The meal Fletch and I had at a Chinese restaurant the night before we flew to Andalucia (see answer to question 10)...why? I was soooooo excited and I got to fulfil a small dream I had held for a long time.

4. You may go on vacation to anywhere you choose. Where, why and with whom?

Easy. Fletch and I had a two year round the world motorbike trip planned down to the last detail a year or two back. 55000 miles beginning in Dover, ending in North America and going via all but one continent en-route - ex-China, who wouldn't allow our bike in unaccompanied. It was almost fully financed and completely scheduled but circumstances conspired against us and the project was forced onto the shelf indefinitely. So...if I could go anywhere, I would go everywhere, we still have all the plans, the routes, the legalities in hand, it's ready to roll if you're providing the finance and the time out.

5. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Do you believe that? If so, why do we have appeal courts?

Correct, ignorance of the law is no excuse, though of course there maybe in very occasional situations some extenuating circumstances.

6. Boy friends or dogs – which are the most loyal and loving?

Can I add 'Cats' here??

No brainer....dogs! But cats even more so....that said, boyfriends are pretty cool too! ;o)

7. If doing good resulted in personal danger or inconvenience, would you still try?

Yes, where the outcome for me was purely inconvenience of course, however if I was putting myself in real danger I would attempt to weigh up the odds before making the decision to help, though under extreme circumstances my adrenaline kicks in and I tend to act/react and think of the possible consequences later.

8. Who had the most influence on you during your growing up period? Mother, father or A.N. Other. Why?

I'm not sure I can choose one person, both my mother and father had a huge influence in shaping who I am now, each of them gave me different strengths. My mother instilled in me what I hope is some understanding of people and emotional issues along with a quiet strength, which whilst I might not always display it is an excellent 'model' to follow and from my father I got my cussedness, determination and sense of 'fair play'.

9. What will you do tomorrow that you would not have done this time last week?

Nothing! By that I mean I will do nothing I don't want to or have to....the last few weeks have been hectic/stressful, tomorrow is for chilling! Despite not working, weekdays I still have a 'work day' mentality, there is still stuff I have to do, chores, look for a job etc. etc. Saturdays I try to allow myself not to think of any of that, usually it doesn't work but tomorrow it will! ;o)

10. In your life to date, which were the best of times? Why?


My early childhood, why, because I felt completely safe and secure and life seemed simple. Yes, I can remember back to about age 1!

Latterly the first holiday Fletch and I took together, a week in a very posh villa in the hills of Andalucia. We hadn't known each other very long and it was like every girls romantic fantasy but for real. Walks on the beach hand in hand, long nights under the stars, days out exploring the Moorish architecture and Andalucian mountains, the heat, the sun, skinny dipping, fantastic food and fantastic company!
(My apologies, can I offer you a sick bag?)

11. Burial, cremation, leave body to science?


Cremation, though if those I left behind felt strongly that they would prefer another way I would be happy for them to make that choice.

12. What on earth made you buy THAT dress/pair of trousers?

A moment of madness and probably the momentary belief that I would actually have the courage to wear it in public!


Your turn now!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Test for number 6 is tap them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and see which forgives you first!

gemmak said...

John: Lol....well if that's the acid test no contest...gotta be the dog! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your 'about me' - I couldn't agree more with "life is for living not pecuniary gain". I'd sooner be a happy pauper than a miserable millionaire.

Please feel welcome to stop by my blog any time :).

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on the Nanny State thing!

The world motorbike tour sounds wonderful, even though I would still say 'rather you than me'. You should do that while you're young enough to do it properly!