Friday, 16 January 2009

The 'F' letter!

Ok, you may or may not have seen this but it arrived in my email yesterday and fascinated me. I have no idea if it's a scientific fact or some kind of illusion but it's still interesting. You have to follow the instructions, no cheating and no scrolling down until you have tried it!

It's typed out here exactly as it was presented in the mail, again, I don't know if that's 'part of it' or just poor typing but whatever, here goes;

Count every ' F ' in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE E XPERIENCE OF YEARS...

How many did you find?

WRONG, there are 6 -- no joke.
READ IT AGAIN !
Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's again.
Can you find them all yet?

The reasoning;
The brain cannot process 'OF'.

Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!
Anyone who counts all 6 'F's' on the first go is a genius.

Three is normal, four is quite rare.

Like I say, I don't know if it's trickery or true but it's amusing/frustrating anyhow.

Incidentally, I got 4 and I had to look carefully twice more to find them all!

What did you get??

9 Comments:

WendyCarole said...

I got three. I knew there probably were more but I just didn't find them.

Sage said...

Sorry I have seen this before and many people misread the F in of as it reads ov and therefore is not perceived as an F... fascinating to see it again as I had forgotten about this one.

Nicey said...

I found 3 but I am still spangled from last nights antics whats your excuse !!!
Laters

Nicey

gemmak said...

Wendy: Despite knowing there must be more it took me a few attempts to find them all too!

Sage: Interesting stuff isn't it.

Nicey: Lol....You're always spangled, no hope for you getting the six man! ;o)

Kitty said...

I got 6 - but I'm sure I'm the exception that proves the rule! x

Anonymous said...

3 gaaaaa!!

Silvia said...

Having had this send to me several times I already knew there are six to be found but when I read it i still can only find 3....fascinating stuff

Trac said...

I got 5 and it took bloody ages to find the 6th one! :O)

(Which happened to be in the second 'of')

Kate said...

Hi Jane, Firstly thanks for following I'll add to yours too, though I follow anyway...

Due to my habit of rush reading I 'partly' read it over and over four times - It wasn't till I 'fully' read it and found the reason... Just shows that if you read things properly you get the complete picture of 'all the effs' Oops ! ahem ... if you get what I mean .