Tuesday, 16 December 2008

A new bad experience

I'm completely pathetic.....the worlds biggest lightweight!

Fletch and I went to the pub last night, I had two drinks, I repeat, only two, the second of which I didn't even manage to finish but regardless of all of that, this morning I have woken with the hangover from somewhere close to hell! How ridiculous! I even have to admit to suffering significantly 'retarded function' after only the first one, for it was at that point Fletch became subjected to slightly confusing and giggly conversation and that at which time, when I attempted to go outside for a cigarette, I fell over someones feet and stumbled stupidly through the door....tres graceful!

In my defence I was tee total from age twenty until a couple of years ago (yes, Fletch corrupted me), I am small so there's not much room for the alcohol to spread about my body and I had eaten nothing all day, but still, just two drinks rendering me in today's suffering condition, I consider to be particularly pathetic!

This hangover business is not a new experience I am enjoying, I feel 'orrible, how do people do this week after week?? No thank you, this I can live without, bleugh!

Now where's the paracetamol.....


*Oh....and off topic, but THIS is almost as pathetic, if you are using I.E you might like to consider changing for the time being!!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Red Bull - cures all known hang-overs. Be grateful that you don't have an alcohol tolerance since it's largely down to a build up of protective enzyme in the liver as a reaction to the poison of the alcohol. :-)

Sage said...

Poor Gemma {{hugs}} hope the hangover goes away soon and you feel more like your own self. I agree can't deal with hangovers, it's bad enough with migraines thank you very much.

..on the IE front, I much prefer Mozilla thanks...

ps - haven't seen you enter the giveaway yet on my site?

gemmak said...

Punctuation: I suppose that's something to be grateful for....but I might save my gratitude until I feel a little better! Red Bull...yuk! ;o)

Sage: Thank you for the hug :o) On IE...me too, Mozilla rocks!...well mostly, it rocks slightly less with Vista but then that goes for most things!

The giveaway....oops, sorry I forgot but I have rectified that now :o))

Silverback said...

Yes as a (almost) teetotaller I've never understood the whole 'lets drink till we're blathered and then be sick and miserable the next day' business. Even at the time of getting into this state, the people are a bother and an embarrassing nuisance to those around them who are staying sober.

"Oh I had a great time last night. Drank 15 pints and don't remember a thing about it. Was wonderful"

"Well no actually; you were obnoxious, you made a lot of noise, kept saying you hoped everyone was having a good time, had to be helped home and then threw up in my car. Was NOT wonderful"

Ok off my soap box now........

I did get a bit drunk once, and only once. Christmas Eve MANY years ago and it only took 2 or 3 pints as I wasn't used to it. Was ill all of Christmas Day (remember getting out of bed for the Queen's speech and throwing up and going back to bed - maybe it was her speech though) and what a wake up call THAT was. Never again.

Oh and I switched from IE to Firefox years ago and now use the excellent Google Chrome. Give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I haven't drank for years.
I'd be down on the floor with just a sniff!
:o)

Daisy said...

Daisy's mom here:
A glass of red wine at night with a couple pieces of really good chocolate is just the ticket. And then you will be used to drinking when you go out!

We prefer Firefox anyway.

Unknown said...

You'd better get youself in our local on a Sunday lunch! We'll cure you!

I don't use I.E.!

Mr. Nighttime said...

"*Oh....and off topic, but THIS is almost as pathetic, if you are using I.E you might like to consider changing for the time being!!!"

Which is WHY I use Firefox....

As to the hangover, only 2? Sounds like either your body is simply rebelling, or you forgot everything past the second one. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Silverback... Thanx for looking after me... I had a wonderful night ;o) (Hey, it's a coping mechanism!!)

Deanna said...

I am working semi-hard at becoming an alcoholic, but I seem to be having some issues.... like the fact that every single drink I take... seems to give me an explosive headache, as well as crazy aches and pains the next day. I believe I am failing at my challenge... but to put a downer spin on your smallness... I am a little bigga bigga (not hugely obese, but enough of a size to wear the larger sizes in stores)... and alcohol hits me like a ton of bricks...one drink... and I am good for giddiness. We have efficient systems despite the size. Keep working at it... eventually it will get better... or at least that is the theory that I am currently working on.

Zed said...

Fletch got pissed chez nous, and you, young Gem, drank at least 2 glasses of wine. The answer is to drink copious amounts of water before going to bed as the dehydration from the alcohol is what causes the headaches.

Works for me:)

Anonymous said...

Well, the drunk one's have all the fun. And hey, the less it takes for you to get smashed, the less money you have to spend to get there I suppose...yeah?

Oh well. Maybe just do dinner before drinks next time. Or at least dessert!