Wednesday, 24 December 2008

Let the fun begin!

At last the madness and mayhem of the pre-Christmas panic is almost over and the fun can begin! The parcels are wrapped, the comestibles are purchased, Fletch's car is back from it's repairs, the horrible hire car is history and Punctuation is at Heathrow as I type, waiting to board his flight to the U.S. and Lisa anytime now, it's all coming together!

I have a few bits to finish up and then we hit the road for Christmas with my parents and the rest of my immediate family, it will be the first time in years we have all managed to get together in one place and it should be pretty cool.

We then have to race back home on Boxing day to check Hammy is ok. I don't like leaving her alone for more than a day or two but I have no Hammy sitter so the extra 200 miles is a necessary evil....though I doubt she will even wake up long enough to notice we are there!

Then having re-stocked the Hammy food bowl etc. it's a quick turnaround and back on the road for the south coast and a couple of days of festive fun with Fletch's family and friends.

So that's it, we got there in the end, the madness is over, now let the fun begin......

I'll be back soon, or via my phone if I have the time or inclination, but until then....

Happy Christmas, have yourselves a fab one guys!

10 Comments:

Sage said...

Have a great Christmas Fletch and Gemma... and a happy New Year to both of you...

mainely stitching said...

Wishing you a holly jolly Christmas!! :D

Silvia said...

Have a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year

Snowbabies said...

Hope you have a great time, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Paul & Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! xxx

Jack said...

Happy Christmas!

We're just sad that Punctuation's trip doesn't lead him through Virginia.

I hope the dicey weather up north does't cause any delays.

Daisy said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time!

Silverback said...

Well the madness isn't really over yet - not if you're doing a 200 mile trip just to feed Hammy !

Can't you just take him with you in a plastic bag or something.....with a breathing hole of course.

Sounds like you'll be having a wonderful time with family and friends in any case so I hope you and Fletch have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ take the hamster in a plastic bag. I wonder how long it would take it to make it's OWN air holes. :)

I've left mine alone for 7 or 8 days before.. Just gave it tons of food. She buried it for storage anyway.

Have loads of fun!

Jack said...

Ummmm . . . hide that decorated moose. Sarah Palin has been seen lurking about.