Sunday, 14 December 2008

Deck the halls....

....with not very much!

If I'm honest we had decided that this year anything in the Christmas tree line was a waste of money that could be better spent, we won't be here for the festivities in any case, but then last minute we considered something small might be less 'bah humbug' than nothing at all! As a result, yesterday we braved the pre-Christmas crowds in an attempt at securing for ourselves a small tree. Our efforts were thwarted though, the small Christmas tree cupboards were bare.....so not to be off put, I tied the one bauble we own (and that's only because my mother bought it for me last week) to a lamp and......voila, decorations done!

Are you impressed? ;o)

Hey, minimalist is good!

12 Comments:

Jennytc said...

Looks good to me! I don't think we will be bothering with decorations this year either but I never put them up till the last minute anyway.

Silverback said...

Balls !

I mean you need another one for symmetry. Oh and probably another desk light too, for symmetry.

We haven't a single festive thingy up in the house here so your post has thrust me into action - ohh err - and I'm off to unbox the mini tree right now.

Oh and I'll burn a few Christmas cds later.

Daisy said...

Very subtle. Very, very subtle!

gemmak said...

Jenny: I suspect if you stick to my plan you could leave it to the very last minute! heh.

Silverback: Balls to you too Mr! ;o) Go get your single festive thingy sorted man!

Daisy: I thought so too, one hates to overdo it you know! ;o)

Mahala said...

I think it's just precious.

gemmak said...

Mahala: Lol...precious or lazy! ;o)

Lisa said...

lol... too cute.

Debby said...

I'm laughing really hard here. Understated yet elegant!

I've hung our 3 stockings up and that's it. Christmas is passing us by here so I think we won't be decorating at all this year.

Silvia said...

Minimalism taken to new hights!!

Deanna said...

Congratulations on your festive spirit.... or maybe that should go to your mother.. I am not sure.

Like the computer desk... I own the same one. Only because it had very certain criteria: wheels, no shelves, black, (except for the cheapskate keyboard holder thingy), and small. It has no room for clutter, or space for pens, and not even a book. Just a simple box like structure to hold the computer.... but in your case, you have added a chritsmas decoration. I will take a picture of mine... and put it on my blog... I will include a christmas decoration... because now I feel I should!

Anonymous said...

I love it! LOL!

We have nothing up yet, either, apart from cards on shelves. Of course, when we were kids, nothing went up till the weekend before Christmas anyway!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I love Christmas decorations.
The only draw back to them is after you take them down, everything looks so dreary and uninviting that you wish that you hadn't put them up to begin with.
And then I just get cabin fever and can't wait for Spring.