Sunday, 7 December 2008

Christmas is done - ish!

What a relief! We decided yesterday that there was no point stressing about the lack of Christmas organisation in gemmak's-ville and then doing precisely sod all about it, so yesterday we bit the bullet and headed off early (well early for us on a Saturday morning) to face the demon Christmas crowds in Milton Keynes!

And demon they were, nothing less than the expected nightmare greeted us but we focused on the task at hand, though Fletch might not agree I was as focused as I should have been given my proclivity to wander off the straight and narrow to check out 'me stuff' now and again!!

But persevere we did and by 5pm we exited into the cold, dark evening, complete with ninety percent of everything we need for the Christmas tussle in a few weeks time. Ok, we were jiggered and somewhat 'fraught', there had been the usual 'man out shopping domestic exchanges of opinion' (what is it with guys and shopping??) here and there but we had it almost all done, in one hit! Result!

Add to that, we managed to hook up with Punctuation for a quick coffee and a natter early on in the proceedings and then decided on our homeward journey that we deserved to go via a bar for dinner and a beer as our reward! ;o)

It's all good, ....save now for a lingering headache and the fact that Fletch, having had to spend his Saturday in retail hell, has now had to go into work for the rest of his weekend! Ooopsss.

6 Comments:

Daisy said...

Now you can just relax and enjoy the fun part... Santa Claws! He is coming to town soon!

Zed said...

My, aren't you organised! I still haven't bought a single present. I think it's going to be a question of The Usual Rush To The Shops. Again.

Unknown said...

No hassle shopping? Try these - http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Police-Loot-is-a-Real-Steal_17943.html

Anonymous said...

I *told* you it was madness to come shopping in MK at the weekend!

It was good to see you both though. :-)

Fletch has my undying sympathy and respect for coming and doing Christmas shopping in MK at this time of year - even I avoid the City Centre during December and I live there!!

Anonymous said...

oh, well done! LOML and still have to think about it - yuk!

belleek

Anonymous said...

Next year, I may go for the "personal shopper" approach. :D I don't mind shopping, as long as it doesn't involve more than 2 or 3 stores.