Friday, 28 November 2008

1/10 for observation!

With age seems to come a certain degree of stupidity where my ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail is concerned!

I have long since accepted my forte for throwing scissors or cutlery in the bin when in fact of course, it's the rubbish in the other hand that should have been destined for the landfill, I am used to my ability to walk the few meters to another room and then stand there like a lemon trying to remember what exactly it was I went there for in the first place and I have learned to tolerate my penchant for insisting I don't need a list for just four items when out shopping.....and coming back with only two of them because of course I forgot what the other two were!

Now I have excelled myself in the stupidity stakes!

Late last night, or to be more specific early this morning, whilst going through the usual insomnia routine I decided to make my self a cup of cocoa. This is not unusual and in my defence attempt at a lame excuse it was 2.30 am and I was beginning to feel slightly dosey. So I made the aforementioned milky drink and settled back in front of my computer absentmindedly surfing and sipping.

Along the way I had a vague notion that something wasn't quite right with my drink but I took no notice, I carried on, sip, surf, sip, surf, sip, surf...all the time almost registering somewhere in the depths of my mind that something was not right but somehow unable to actually formulate a whole conscious thought on the matter.

Almost at the end of the cup my mind finally realised something really wasn't right and investigated the dregs remaining....to find the milk was well and truly off and what I was drinking had much more in common with yogurt or junket than cocoa! Yuk, nasty.

Hey...I am the woman that managed a year ago, to drink a cup of coffee made with water containing a high proportion of descaler and still only slightly register any oddity, so I suppose last nights 'observation failure' should really not come as any great surprise to me!

4 Comments:

Sage said...

oooooohhhh Yuuuuuuckkkkk... gemma how could you not notice... :-)

sorry but milk that isn't fresh is a pet phobia of mine... can't drink it if it even slightly off never mind yoghurty like...lol

Anonymous said...

that picture looks yummy! Now I want one!

Ndinombethe said...

That's hilarious!!!

Kitty said...

Yeeeuuuuuurch!