The weirdest, spookiest thing happend to me first thing this morning and I might add it was something I could probably have managed my Sunday morning without !Those of you who are of a delicate nature might like to close this page now, this is weird and it's not a pleasant subject matter to say the very least.
Ok, we all know how odd dreams can be now and then, the weird and sometimes not so wonderful that our sleeping minds manage to drag up occasionally and mine is up there with the best of them but the one thing I never do is have what might be called traditional nightmares. By that I mean nightmares of the 'horror movie genre'... but last night I did. I had a truly horrible nightmare revolving around the severing of someones head (big ugh) and the subsequent 'transportation' of said severed body part around the streets of some nameless town! Don't ask me any other details, I don't recall any more than that thankfully but it was one of those disturbing vivid nightmares that was still with me, bothering me, when I got up.
The fact that I had this nightmare is probably not very strange or spooky given that last night Fletch and I watched a TV show about horror movies just before we went to bed, but bear with me here, things were about to get very much more weird!!
Having having woken up a little and having just
"Man Parades Streets With Severed Head"
WTF!!??
I have to admit to being er, ever so slightly fazed for a moment or two despite the fact I am not superstitious and believe in almost nothing.... but hey, it was early, I hadn't woken up properly!
Further investigation revealed that there was a news item a few days ago regarding a guy in Bangladesh who paraded the streets with a severed head, so no doubt that was somehow the prompt for the spam but it still seemed pretty weird that I should first have the nightmare at all and then the first thing I see on my computer is that very un-delightful little missive!


14 Comments:
Very coincidental. I know it's coincidental, but that bit about the email gave me chills. :) And that picture wasn't much better, either. lol I've seen it before; just not at 3:30am. :)
Lisa: I know....the hairs on the back of my neck 'stood to attention' for a moment or two!!
Lol @ the pic....."Here's Johnny" ;o)
Hiya, Dreams always have a meaning and not always what we first 'see' in our minds Eye...so maybe it would be worth trying to find out what a severd head in a dream means??!!! Not that I am a great believer in these things...but just out of curiosity
Silvia: Lol...or perhaps I don't want to know 'what it means'! heh ;o)
Ooooooooooooh Spooky!
No idea what it all means, but if I was Fletch, I would be afraid...
Very afraid! :O)
Trac: Lol..I think Fletch is safe...he was 'involved' in the nightmare and anyways, he's over twice my bodyweight, I think it's me that should be afraid! ;o)
Oh my god, that would seriously freak me out!!!
"Islam said Amin was being examined at the state-run Dhaka Medical College Hospital to determine whether he was mentally normal."
I'm slightly worried that they even, for one millisecond, believe that carrying your wife's severed head around the streets is normal.
That is very creepy! I sent you a little something, as an insurance policy for tomorrow. (check your e-mail).
Paula: I can't say it was my best start to the day! :o/
Punctuation: Yeah...that thought kinda crossed my mind too!!
Daisy: It is a little bit creepy isn't it but thank you, your insurance policy cheered me up, I will be safe now :o)
HOW DO YOU DO... NIGHTMARES
So the best way in the 21st century to have nightmares is the thing you’re doing right bleeding now. Living is the number one cause of nightmares. So, to get the worst out of your brain’s sense of lurid greed, get a job in sales; some sort that involves lying to victims of say, domestic abuse. Don’t shy away, find out their awful details then make sure they’re left without heating in December because of some small print about differing payments not allowed, that you wrote in biro when they weren’t looking...
...more at lifestyleguides.blogspot.com
Spooky! Very spooky! You gave me the shivers.
You know, the most likely explanation is that you heard about that story somehow - maybe a radio was on in the background while you were shopping - and you absorbed it unconsciously, then watching the horror movie brought it to the surface and caused the nightmare.
Still freaky though!
Yikes!
When I got to the bit about someone walking around with a head, I thought it was an introduction to another of your accounts about visiting the hair-dresser!
Post a Comment