Yesterday, after all these months, I finally got to hold Hammy without suffering a mortal wound and believe me, she is more than capable of delivering a rapid response, disabling offensive that the SAS would be proud of when it suits her...just ask Lisa!
By chance yesterday I was chatting to someone (Thank you LD) much experience in all things hamster, who promised me if I followed her rules I would get this stubborn little creature 'eating out of my hand'.
Before I began I had to furnish myself, as a very necessary precaution, with 'hamster gloves'. These are not purpose designed of course, just nice soft fleecy gloves which I had sourced earlier in the day at Tesco for the princely sum of a pound. It was thus that in the early evening me and Hammy set about coming to some mutual 'understanding' where this biting malarkey is concerned!And it worked, I did exactly as I had been instructed and within a half hour madam was sitting on my hand, yayyyyy...not for very long I grant you but we managed two repeat performances and I was even able to cup her in both hands and stroke her at one (short) point!
There is of course no pictorial evidence of this momentous moment... Hey, I had my hands full, but it is progress indeed and as a reward she was allowed free rein in her favourite game..... breaking into the treats bag, a game which I might add she completed in record time, pegs? pah...no problem!
Round two tonight. Me and this hamster are going to do this thing!


9 Comments:
Isn't she gorgeous!
Hey, she is quite pretty. I've only ever really seen her whilst zorbing or drenched in the blood of an unwary American who had merely wished to express their hamster love.
Jenny: She is butshe has a penchant for 'the bitey' as someone (hello Miss Daisy) would say! ;o)
Punctuation: I remember it well...along with the half hour of elevation and pressure to stop the bleeding....and the coffee! heh ;o)
The Hamster Whisperer...
You dropped an entire quid in this little rodent! If that isn't love, I don't know what is... ;-)
Giving the bitey means love!
She sure is a cutie-pie. I especially like the colors of her furs.
Aww! Success at last! Yes, they can bite, for sure!! I'm so glad you are managing to tame her. It's no fun having a pet that you're nervous of, is it?
awww... she IS really cute!
I didn't lose too much blood. :) hehe
Congratulations! LOL She's a sweetie.
Post a Comment