Friday, 12 September 2008

Postcard from Switzerland


An update from Gem:

Hello :-)

I managed to get a little bit of charge in my phone at last. I hooked it up in the car but i could only do it for a little while! I'm beginning to miss sleeping in a real bed... Where everything isn't damp! The tent is fab but no matter what, you cant stop it from getting condensation when it gets so cold @ night.

I think we are moving on to Germany today.

Yesterday i made it up to the top of a mountain in a cable car... Eekk! It was almost vertical and 2500 meters but i loved it... Apart from the bit where it 'falls' off the top of the mountain. That was really scary. There is a bigger one but its £80 for the 2 of us to ride so i dont think we will do it! They are really expensive.... Everything in Switzerland is sooo expensive. Food is almost 3 times what it is in the uk!

It's beautiful tho :-) We sat in silence for ages at the top of the mountain and finally saw some wild marmots :-) lol

I think that's about everything now. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having such a good time... It looks very peaceful there. Peaceful and green : )

Ndinombethe said...

Sounds like a great trip... minus the condensation on the tent. Enjoy.

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Wet here still! Take care.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

You could extend the Germany trip to include the Oktober Fest.
Enjoy...

Mick said...

Ah nothing like a good bit of camping to toughen you up!
We've "enjoyed" family camping in the snow and extreme rain this year.
I keep telling the boys (and Wifey) that "it's supposed to be cold and damp, that's why it's fun"
Sounds like you're having a good trip.

Michelle said...

Ahhh, if only i had the money!!
I will have to live vicariously through you!