Monday, 15 September 2008

3500 miles....

....later and I'm back having had the most amazing time. We've done six countries, done temperatures from 3-43 degrees, swum in warm seas, been up in the mountains among the glaciers and met and enjoyed a fabulous evening with a blogger in Brussels you will all know!

But for now the reality is instead mountains of laundry to catch up on and 3 gig of photos to sort out so I will bore you with more once I have caught up. For now just a couple of pictures from the Italian Alps. They really can't convey the sheer magnitude of the mountains but for an idea check out the buildings in the right hand corner of the second image! These are pretty big hills!


11 Comments:

Silverback said...

Glad to have you back safe and sound and can't wait to see the photos...well maybe not 3gbs worth...and the stories !!

You'll have a lot of blog READING to catch up with too but then, what else do you have to do while your smalls are tumbling around in the washing machine ??!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had a wonderful time :o)

Ndinombethe said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing more photos. Looks like a brilliant trip. Good luck with the laundry

Dale said...

Can't wait to see pics of the washing machine!

Welcome home, Gem. We've missed you. And we're jealous as hell.

Trac said...

Welcome back - glad you had a great time and that you are back safe and all that.

Great photos. Looks beautiful there.

But remember - I'm not jealous.

No No No I am not!

zoe said...

It was lovely to meet you and Fletch - and you're welcome back any time; even Fletch, just to see his new hat ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! If the other images are anywhere near as breath-taking as these, we have a lot to look forward to!
Was the hamster pleased to have you back?
I have an image of her going with you in your pocket... thinking you forget to put her back after the flooding incident.. :o)

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Welcome back, it all looks amazing! Glad you had such a great time, BG

Anonymous said...

Oh God, now I know what we're all going to be doing in a few weeks time...

"...no, I'll make tea during the next interval; I've only shown you the first 800 slides - we've only got 4 more hours left so I'll have to get a move on if you're to see them all..."

[cries a little, sucks thumb].

Jennytc said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time. 3,500 miles eh? Maybe it's just as well you went in a car this time. ;)

Anonymous said...

3,500 miles of such beautiful scenery and cats. :)