Thursday, 24 July 2008

Fish and chips and Fylingthorpe

I'm in a rush! Lots to do!

With a little luck and a prevailing wind I will manage to get our recently much unused camping gear gathered together from it's various places of stowage, hither and thither about the flat, and get some degree of organisation going in an effort to set off on a long weekend away, bright and early tomorrow morning.

I don't think the camping equipment has been sighted, let alone checked out, since we returned from our mad long distance tour of Europe (video) on the bike last year! This weekend will be somewhat simpler, Eloisa is currently off the road forcing us to take the car, this is not good, but on the upside I don't have to fight to squish enough gear and camping paraphernalia for two, for 5000 miles, into the limited space available on two wheels! Believe me, it's a skill well honed over the years but to be able to just dump everything in a big car willy-nilly is something of a treat, though it does seem a little odd/sad not to be taking the bike.

So, our destination, probably Robin Hoods Bay on the Yorkshire coast. I've never been there, it's pretty close, it looks fab and it promises fish and chips to die for! Of course, as is our way, when we hit the road we could well have a change of plan and head off in another direction! Who knows.

I'm likely to be a little remiss on the blogging front over the next few days as a consequence but I'll be back next week if not before. Have fun.


*N.B. Archived posts from Europe are HERE if you're interested.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother LOVED Robin Hood's Bay - he loved it so much he planned to retire there (sadly he didn't live that long) and I've often thought I'd like to go and see what he found so magical about it. Maybe we'll do that sometime. Meanwhile, have fun on your trip!

I'd go for the car, any day of the week, by the way. LOL!

Kate said...

Hi Jane, Love the change-back, it really suits you missus! Hope you have a whale of a time whichever mode of transport you adopt.
Anchors away, Cheers, Kate x.

Kitty said...

There's irony for you, we're heading to Faversham for the weekend.

Have a good one :)

Ndinombethe said...

Came across from Adrian's blog...

Visited Robin Hoods Bay recently. Absolutely loved it. Just wanted to let you know that there's a little place which sells cups of melted chocolate. Must find it. Can't remember the name but it won't be hard to find.

Enjoy your trip.