I am beginning to become seriously tempted to!
For those of you who don't have a geek in their lives who often times can be found 'sporting' various items of geek-wear emblazoned with appropriately geeky slogans, "take back the web" was/is an advertising slogan for Firefox.
Against all attempts at persuasion I have resisted migrating to the aforementioned browser, in the main because the time I spend fiddling with designs and code would mean I would need to run both browsers far more often than I do now and let's face it, for good or evil, the majority still use I.E. so I would rather get it right there first.
That said, since the enforcement of Vista in my life and the impact that appears to have on I.E. (none of it good) I am finding it harder and harder to resist the lure of Firefox......the fact that it just works is a kind of an attractive prospect!
Thursday, 15 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Comments:
Have a look at Safari if you are in the market for change.
anonymouse jw
Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your sanity. ;)
I agree with jw. Safari is very nice. :)
I use Safari and only fire up (!) Firefox if the page I get to r-e-a-l-l-y hates Safari ...
VERY nice site redesign!
I, being somewhat of what I believe is correctly termed "a computer ho" use IE, Firefox AND Safari every day. This is a fra from ideal experience.
The latest version of Firefox 2 (not the 3 beta) seems to have a memory leak on XP whilst using GMail. On my Vista 32bit box it works fine and is far superior to both IE and Safari.
IE only works satisfactorily on my Vista 64 bit box and due to the virtualisation stuff and oher Microsofty things I do on there I use it as my only browser. The lack of a decent in-line spell check is frustrating for someone like myself who regularly uses big words which issue out of a small brain which has generally been subdued by sleep deprivation or treatment for a medieval disease (irregular readers see my blog en passim for explanation).
On the older development XP box both IE and Firefox suck due to compilers eating it for breakfast so I use Safari which is zoomy-quick (offical term) but has some quirks that I don't like.
Given a choice I'd use Firefox on everything since it's a much better overall browser - although the number of automatic updates to it get annoying and to make it "complete" you ought to add several 'extensions' which, of course also need updates when the browser gets some horrible hole patched up.
Note to self: must stop commenting when half asleep so I make less typos. See what I mean about IE's lack of an in-line spelling checker? Grrr...
Nice redesign, btw. :) Your blog is looking really nice, as usual.
That would be fewer typos rather than less typos, would it not? (fewer by count, less by degree)
Don't blame me. I'm apparently channeling Robert Baker - and (sotto voce) he opened the door, your honor.
Feel free to riposte when appropriate. :o) My command of the Queen's English also needs dressing up now and then.
Don't resist use Firefox...I do! xx
Firefox does have a plugin called IE Tab, which means you can open IE stuff in a FF browser. Basically it fools FF into thinking it is IE. Does this make sense?
I use FF all the time and haven't had to use actual Internet Explorer itself.
*hugs*
Post a Comment