Unemployment has risen in the UK by 14000 in the three months to March.
Actually it's risen to at least 14001 because I for one am not registered as unemployed and doubtless there are many more like me who for one reason or another have chosen not to register, or have by manipulation of government statistics and methods of collecting those statistics, also not been included.
Recession? Of course not, just ask Gordy, I'm sure he'll have some cock and bull rhetoric to disprove the glaringly obvious!
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Comments:
The economy everywhere just scares the absolute bejesus out of me. Don't get me going ....
As a bit of a pub quiz winning trivia side note: The phrase "Cock and Bull story" is derived from the traveller's tall tales from the two neighbouring coaching inns - The Cock and The Bull in Stony Stratford. The Bull was my old local when I lived in Stony.
The line "ride a Cock horse to Banbury Cross" from the bursery rhyme is also referring to the same pub: you hired a horse from The Cock and rode it along the old trunk road to Banbury Cross where there was (and still is) another coaching inn where you could swap horses.
I shant tell you about The Wesley Tree, the winching of Dick Turpin's horse (which is probably apocryphal) or the fact the princes in the tower were captured in Stony as well...that would be toooooo weird ;-)
Barbara: Lol..it seems like I have already! ;o)
Punctuation: Oh....you can't stop there, we need The Wesley tree and the horse now!
Post a Comment