I know I have absolutely no knowledge of how one runs such an operation but I am assuming that BA's Director of Operations Gareth Kirkwood has at least some inkling given his vast salary!

It was hard to tell watching at the footage of the pigs ear that unfolded as the place fell apart yesterday and rarely have I seen anyone look quite so uncomfortable and unconvincing while desperately trying to explain it away to the media.
Over thirty flights cancelled, baggage arriving hours late, or not at all, baggage handling systems that failed almost completely, poorly trained (by their own admission) staff who hadn't seemingly got a clue, poor information, closed check-ins and queues that made the first day of Harrods sale look like utter calm....the list just went on and on!
"We always knew the first day would present a unique challenge", were some of Mr Kirkwood's own words when interviewed by the press...... a challenge apparently that he didn't rise to with much in the way of spectacular success!
....and thus far today at LHR seems to be getting off to an even more abonimable start!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment