
the structural damage forecast by our meteorological wizards, or is this storm going to be another in the now long line of overly cautious warning forecasts since Michael Fish made his now infamously understated broadcast back in October 1987?
Weather fascinates me and whilst most I suppose are hoping for this to be another damp squib I am hoping for the reverse, though of course I would never wish for anyone to get hurt. I have been watching now for days this storm tracking toward us, watching the barometric pressure drop like a stone and wishing that right now I was in Cornwall not Cambridge. Who knows, I am far from qualified to hazard a reasonable guess but it's looking like it might happen,if I'm lucky I might see some significant gusts even here and if I'm luckier still a tree might just fall on my car and write the damn thing off.......It is 'strategically' parked under a number of very large specimens as I speak! ;o)


1 Comments:
It's been a lovely day here today, must be the calm before the storm.
It's bin collection day tomorrow so I'm expecting to see some wheelie bin racing the early hours.
Paul.
Post a Comment