......in a small way.
So, it's been two weeks since the white van became history and there have been a few vaguely possible new jobs crop up but nothing really suitable, so as of next week I begin the new (to me) business of temping. The days of being a lady (??) of leisure and playing housewife are beginning to be a thing of the past.
Thus far I have only two days work next week covering for a receptionist in a solicitors office but hey, anything is better than the dole and even two days work pays me more than the government would! I promise you, after the last and only time I went the government handout route, I'm in absolutely no hurry to go through that humiliation again!
Hmmmm...receptionist, that means of course I have to get suited and booted, I don't 'do' that, or at least I haven't had to for years, heels, girly clothes, make-up and all that palaver aren't things I relish, it just doesn't feel like 'me' but needs must and by definition it is only 'temporary'!
Now...where's the job that allows me to wear jeans and boots? ;o)
Friday, 7 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
GL with the job. Just a thought though, why don't you see if your local council have a temping bureau. That's how I got my job by starting in the section as a temp ... and I wear jeans, jumpers and t shirts for work :o)
Post a Comment