Monday, 18 February 2008

The end of the road

It's a Monday, and unusually a good Monday, because this morning didn't involve the regular 4am, 100 mile drive to work from Cambridge and because I have the day off....for a purpose.

The white van from hell is about to become history, decisions have been made and the decision is that I have had enough....today I am resigning!

It may not be the ideal situation to resign from one position without another to go to but it is necessary in this case. I have saved a little money to 'keep me going' and this morning I am off to an agency to begin finding a new employer, one that doesn't run a shonky fleet of white vans and hopefully adheres to a greater degree of current employment legislation than I have had to endure these last fourteen months!

It's all rather unusual and a little of my glee at being able to tell them I am abandoning my van at the end of the week has been tempered by the fact that they have only last week suffered a family trauma, so my timing might not be too excellent from their point of view but hey, when they treat me like crap their 'excuse' is that 'this is business'....so the new (trying to be) braver and more assertive me is merely returning the favour! ;o)

1 Comments:

Mahala said...

Good Luck!! I've got my fingers crossed for ya.