I can type! Yipeeee! At last!
Heaven knows what I did to myself last week but from Monday I have functioned (well kinda) with one arm, the other was all but useless and my shoulder was about as painful as anything I have experienced thus far in my life....no, correction, the most painful thing I have ever experienced! :o(
My right shoulder just wouldn't do it's stuff and no amount of painkillers rendered it tolerable even if I kept it completely immobile. After two nights with no sleep I headed for the quacks where a more powerful remedy was prescribed along with 'plenty of hot baths' .....apparently no one told her we currently still have no bathroom whilst a new one is in the process of being installed.
Time off work was not an option, my employer was having none of it and was forthcoming with even less sympathy so for three days I drove one handed, very slowly and without a seat belt (I couldn't reach it), any movement of any part of my body rendered my shoulder horribly hurting, and I hoped for the best, my theory being that having never driven belt-less or arm-less before, surely even at this, my less than lucky stage of life, I wouldn't get nicked or have an accident. For once the God's smiled on me!
Finally on Thursday morning in the wee small hours I moved my shoulder a tiny bit in error, an horrendous crack was heard, excruciating pain shot through it and it seemed to slot back into place.......and it was mended! Ok, it's still painful but every day it's getting less so and at least I can function now. Just a few more days at this rate and hopefully things will be back to normal.
I always considered I was pretty good at coping with physical pain but either I have been luck enough previously never to have been faced with it....or I was wrong and I'm no good at it at all! ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
Hi hun
I'm glad your arm is a little better. Had you knocked it out of joint or something?
We've had a pretty bad week here too with hospitals and stuff so I've not been able to visit your blog. grrr.
The doc said it wasn't dislocated, she gave it a name I cant recall but it certainly seemed to click back into place so who knows.....I'm just glad it did!
Sorry to hear about your trials, I hope it all works out soon and I'm sure Riley will be fine, probably much tougher on you than him! :o)
Post a Comment