Wednesday, 11 April 2007

A multi story!

Good grief...on a scale of one to ten for idiocy and lack of concentration I was up there at something around 1000 this afternoon!

I have been on a 'shoe quest', that is I need new shoes and my parents offered to buy me some for my birthday. This should not be a trauma but with size 2-3 feet and manufacturers beginning sizes at 4, buying new shoes is always somewhat of a tiresome carry on!

And so for weeks intermittently I have been trying to track down the one pair of size 3 shoes apparently left in the world, but time is running out, the birthday is soon so this week I have spent 7 whole damn hours on the shoe quest in shopping centers. I found one pair size 3....but that is not the point of this tale of stupidity!

Upon arrival at the local shopping centre this afternoon my phone rang, I answered it and became embroiled in the conversation. I think it pertinent at this point to suggest that blame may be laid at the feet (no pun intended) of the caller, for had he not called, my afternoon would have gone swimmingly...yes, definitely not my fault! ;o)

So.....embroiled in the call I left the car, locked it and headed for the shoe shops. It was an hour or two later I realised I had absolutely no recollection of where in the multi story car park I had left it......and furthermore my ticket for escape seemed to be missing....again no recollection of where it was! Gah!

In very slight panic mode I made my way back to the parking levels (still shoe-less) and began the hunt for my car......four floors I trawled and not a hint of it could I find. In slightly more severe panic mode at this point I decided best I go for a coffee and a cigarette and re-group my thoughts. I was not after all looking forward to subsequently having to pay a whole days rate (£25) for my also lost ticket!

Coffee and nicotine consumed I decided there was only one thing for it, wait for the shops to close, the car park to empty, and then take another look....my car should by then be almost alone and although I would have to walk a number of flights of stairs in my search, it should be easier to spot. In the meantime to kill the remaining time while I waited for the close of business I set about more shopping.

I decided to try on some items in a clothing store sometime later and in the usual hot and unpleasant scramble out of my clothes in the dressing room I took off the baseball cap I had been wearing to hide my rather less than perfect 'post work' coiffure. As I took off my hat what should I see but my parking ticket float down to the ground from my head....uh??....please don't ask how it got there, I have no idea whatsoever!

Things improved from that point on....I found some shoes that fitted (black and shocking pink....don't cringe) and my plan for the vanishing car was a success too. I had only to trail three flights of car park stairs before my little car stood out alone in front of me in the wide open space of the now almost empty parking bays!

Hurrahhhh!

0 Comments: