Tuesday, 24 October 2006

Thank you......

....to all of you for the kind comments you left on my post, Maybe there is a God after all, last Friday, they were very much appreciated, as has been your unending support over the last five months, when most of the time from time to time my miserable postings must have almost been enough to send you all running for the hills!

Really though, knowing you lot were out there rooting for me made a big difference in some of my darkest moments so again....THANK YOU.....hey, and don't run off just yet please, I imagine there may be a few more ups and downs before I get this chapter in my life completely sorted out! ;o)

So, where am I at now. Well, as you know I have my car, (more yayyyyyyyy's) it may not be worth much in monetary terms but to me it is worth a great deal, not only does it allow me the usual degree of freedom afforded anyone with a vehicle but it is also kinda symbolic for me too. It's about the only material thing I have left to show for thirty years working and to lose even that would have been very difficult. I know my father or some kind soul would have helped me out and I would have acquired new wheels, but this car is mine and for all I am grateful to those that have supported me financially over the last few months, I hated the thought of having to rely on others yet again.

As for Tilly, she may have by default, won a 'stay of execution' but the situation remains unchanged in essence and she will still have to be found a new home before too long, though at the moment I have no idea where and I can't begin to really get my head around it again for a little while. The run up to her previous departure date was one of the most difficult times I have ever gone through and I'm not looking forward to the repeat performance, but on the up side we remain the 'gang of two' for a little while longer now and I will make the most of every minute we have left together.

Next on the agenda is a job, for various reasons it has not been possible to make getting work a top priority until now but the necessity for employment (and money!!!) has shifted up a gear or two in the last week, so the job hunt begins in earnest any day now.

And that's about it, gradually I feel like my life is becoming slightly less of a pigs ear as things that have been hanging over my head since May get sorted out, the Tilly issue is of course the big one for me but somehow I'll get through that too no doubt and who knows.......a year from now I could be anywhere doing anything!

0 Comments: