Wednesday, 27 September 2006

Do Prada take cash?

Tomorrow sees me take one more step on the path that has become the destruction or rebuilding, depending on your perception, (mine wavers from day to day at the moment) of what was once my life, for tomorrow I have my appointment in court with a guy in a funny wig and gown....do judges wear all the regalia in 'non-criminal' proceedings?.....who will declare me bankrupt all things being equal.

Odd though it may seem this little 'court appearance' seems to have become lost among other more upsetting difficulties over the last few days, the up-side of which is that I have barely given it thought let alone gotten into a state of panic over it, every cloud has a silver lining eh?

My current and most pressing consideration (and yes I know it's a girly thing) is what should I wear?...under usual circumstances an appearance in court would warrant (no pun intended) that I get suited and booted, pull out all the stops and look like I mean business but should a woman applying for bankruptcy look 'together'? Would it not be more suitable to go looking down at heel, like I don't have a penny to my name (which is about true) and I have just been dragged unceremoniously through a thick hedge? Who knows, maybe I'll err on the side of caution and fence sitting and hit a mid point somewhere!

So that's it, by this time tomorrow my financial life will be all over bar the shouting, I'm not sure quite how I feel about it anymore, making the application, submitting it and knowing it's going to happen is one thing....actually walking out as an undischarged bankrupt might be another entirely.....the best I can do I suppose is accept it's the only route I can take and try to see it as the resolution to a problem and move on.

Do Prada take cash?

Sorry, I shouldn't be flip I know but if I didn't laugh and all that.......

0 Comments: