Remember the debacle last month in which my endeavors to do the 'right thing' (mistake) and appear as a witness in a court case ultimately resulted in my being threatened with arrest for contempt of court?.....well today the system involved truly excelled in it's efforts to lose any remaining respect I might have held for it.
The crux of the problem, if you recall, was that the court date was set for the 13th of March, a date I am due to be in London visiting my parents. I went through the correct channels in an attempt to get it changed explaining countless times that from the 12th to the 17th of March I would be unable to attend court. Ultimately I succeeded in getting an adjournment but it was no mean feat and along the way it seemed I was the one being treated as a criminal.
So what happened today?
Today I received the paperwork notifying me of the new date the case is to be heard and informing me that I am to attend. And what date is it?..... I'll tell you what date it is....it's the bloody 15th of March is what date it is, just two days later!!! Hell fire...am I speaking English here because it sure seems like I'm not making myself understood in some quarters!
So once more I have called the illustrious CPS and once more I have explained, and although I received an apology there is of course no guarantee that the date will be changed yet again.
What is guaranteed now however is that I will go on holiday, enough is enough. I tried my best against the apparent ineptness I was up against but I've given up .......if they change the date I'll be there, if they don't then I won't and if they see fit (which I doubt in reality) to issue a warrant for my arrest then so be it. I tried, I really did, to do what my conscience told me I should but it's beyond funny now and I'm not playing anymore.
Thursday, 2 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment