Thursday, 12 January 2006

So here I am......

....waiting yet again for my landlord to turn up, as promised on each occasion I might add, to make some repairs. This is the sixth day of waiting and thus far he is very conspicuous by his absence!

He used to be good, I phone if I had a problem I couldn't resolve myself and he would be here, in a flash, but no longer. Nowadays it's akin to extracting blood from a stone trying to get him here.

Most jobs I or PG do ourselves, we never charge him for parts, as we could, but this time the problem is plumbing, or more specifically the fact that I collect about two litres of water from a pipe under the kitchen sink each day, my understanding is that the water should be exiting the system via the tap, not a joint! I don't like plumbing, or rather I don't like messing it up, particularly as we live on the first floor with some other poor unsuspecting soul below us should I cause a flood.

And so, many calls later and on the sixth promise of a visit, here I am waiting again. Forgive my cynicism but I'm not giving good odds.

Why oh why can people not just call and say if they can't make it, it's not rocket science.....even I could show the guy the intricacies of a telephone!

0 Comments: