He of course would dispute this small point, as men do in these situations, but believe me, he is renowned for his attendance levels and it is in part why he tolerates the negative aspects of his job, because the positive is that his shift pattern allows him to get on a course at least 4 days a week, under normal circumstances.However, none of this presents a problem, what does present a problem is his 'misfortune' yesterday during one of these
He arrived home looking distinctly dejected. The bats, balls and miscellaneous, multifarious paraphernalia required for this pursuit are not cheap, in fact it puts the cost of this little set up I inhabit in the shade, to the best of my knowledge.
It was thus that he had a hang dog expression when he walked through the door. I assumed that this meant a 'bad round' had been had..... but no, it was worse,(is there anything worse?), in his hand was a nine iron, apparently an indispensable bat......and it was in two pieces, broken in half, midway down the shaft, completely and utterly defunct!
These bats I might add, are not trashy things they are Callaway if you please, I was
It would appear that the golfing God's had not been smiling on him yesterday.
I was regaled with the whole sad tale of how he had misjudged a swing somewhat and had, in his swing through (or whatever they call it), belted the living daylights out of a tree trunk! 'Crack'...one nine iron decimated! Gah! The man plays off a decent handicap, what is going on there?
I am assured that this incident was not the result of a sudden moment of anger but hey....if any of you have ever watched a group of guys on a golf course mess it up, you will know only too well that anger is seemingly all part of it, this golf stuff is a very serious business, a less than perfect round dictates the mood of the remainder of any given day!
Please don't ask the cost or the complication of getting a repair, I promise you this is not a straightforward as one might imagine......do I look surprised?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment