This time I couldn't resist, my hair is gone, transformed into a big blondish pile on the floor to be swiftly swept up by some minion!
No more hour long hair drying sessions, no more fiddling with straightners, no more bits in my face, no more hair! :o)
As ever the visit to the salon was not without incident, I sometimes find it hard to belive that this is actually a reasonably expensive, up market establishment with a good reputation! This time the young girl charged with hair washing duties, who a few weeks ago on my last visit, managed to give me a full shower, almost pulled my hair out by it's roots, forgot the conditioner and then proudly presented me with a cup of coffee.....that was stone cold! Young and new she may be but if she doesn't shape up soon surely she will be jobless, in fact I'm amazed she hasn't already been posted off to join the dole queue!
Aside from the assistant from hell the afternoons entertainment was provided by my stylist, who again was somewhat nervous about hacking the whole lot off. I reasoned with her that last time I asked her to do the same it was much longer, we both had survived that so this would be easy. She wasn't entirely convinced and kept telling me that people just don't go from long to very short in one hit! Hmmmm....this 'people' does.
The whole shenanigans was accompanied by the sound of another client, a middle aged lady with a very loud voice, regaling her attendant with tales of woe regarding her husbands recent departure from their marriage. Really, I'm all for 'open and honest' but their was barely a gory detail left unsaid!
And to think I used to detest these visits, it seems that if nothing else they are mildly entertaining of late but just once it would perhaps be nice for the whole process to be relaxed and 'incident' free!
Wednesday, 2 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment