Six thirty am and PG, full again of man-flu and none too happy, was rushing off to work, accompanied as ever by 'small cat' who likes to take her early constitutional at his heels every morning.
The walk from our door to where the car lives is a relatively long one, a driveway of our own etc. we do not have and the usual routine involves he and Ditto trotting off whilst I wait at the window overlooking the car park and 'wave him off'. This morning however when he got to his car he starts with wild gesticulations, I can't shout down at this time of day for fear of waking the neighbour or two that we have and so, unable to decipher his melodramatic arm waving I put on some shoes and trail outside in the torrential rain and wind to discover what all this hoo ha is about.
Having made my way to the pair of them I find that small cat has found a big fat frog and is in imminent danger of doing it irreprable damage. "So what did you want me here for" I ask an increasingly flu ridden and disgruntled PG. "Can you move it so she doesn't kill it" was the reply....er......."can you not", I responded and was met with a look of utter disbelief! Ok, so this frog was big but man, he dragged me out into the inclement conditions to move a frog??
I took the alternative option and removed small cat back inside whilst PG, under sufferance 'encouraged' the frog to move on!
Did I say there was a down side to having a cat?....perhaps I should re-phrase that to include 'having a cat and a man'! ....I can imagine only too well the happy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment