Tuesday, 18 October 2005

Don't you just hate it when.....

....with absolutely no intention and having made your best effort not too, you find you have upset or offended someone and no amount of regret or apology will put it right.

I met someone recently, out of the blue and we just seemed to 'click' in that rare, 'I think you and me could really be friends' kind of way, that doesn't happen very often. We chattered for hours, we had much in common and we seemed to be set for a friendship that might endure longer than a few days.

And then something happened that I think must have cause more upset and/or offence than I could have anticipated, my actions and words were not malicious, quite the reverse, they were considered and I thought carefully handled, but it seems I was wrong.

Apologies and 'peace offerings' seem to have had no effect, my emails no longer get replies and I can't see anything else I can do to put right the wrong. Half of me is saddened the other half is wondering if I was just mistaken in the first place and misread what I thought was friendship.

Whatever, don't you just hate it when you upset someone and then can't seem to make it right no matter what?

0 Comments: