Friday, 12 August 2005

Nipples and other miscellanea

There is currently a debate going on in gemmak's-ville between Idgie, MIL and myself, a debate of monumental importance concerning the chick at the top of this page, the cat-woman, she who is clad in the stripey threads. The debate is this....can you or can you not detect a nipple escaping from her well designed and carefully placed attire??
I have scrutinised her, I really have but I just can't see it, the other parties concerned are absolutely convinced though that she is sporting a more sassy look that I was aware of and given my somewhat questionable eyesight I am happy to be proved wrong.....any opinions? who is right, who is wrong....should I be visiting my optometrist again?

Onto more serious things......yesterday another hour and a half was time wasted on the phone to BT and our ISP....still of course we have no action and still of course we have no broadband, I begin to despair of it ever happening, PG was so un-amused by last night there was even talk of canceling the order and living with dial-up, I quickly worked to calm him on that one but I can see his point!

We are today in a new situation, apparently, despite promise after promise of connection daily, for over a week now, and despite a 'guarantee' when we placed the order that connection would take place within 10 days, we are now on day 18 and BT now tells us that they don't give dates or times, they work in strict chronological order...end of story! When I put the question to them that engineer after engineer had made specific promises I was informed 'they shouldn't have done' and that he found that 'unlikely'! So now I'm being accused of telling untruths and still there is no route within one of the UK's largest companies for complaint, escalation or access to higher levels. This company seem to have completely by-passed any efforts at customer service or management techniques, hell, you and I could run this company better methinks!

I will of course be spending more time calling them today but in the meantime you might like to join Dave in this amusing little spin off from the gemmak's-ville broadband saga! Too funny Dave :o)

And last but not least in the days miscellanea.......there are only 2.5 'sleeps' left until we go on holiday! This has been the longest period in my life that I have not seen my parents and it's taken it's time in passing. It's almost 6 months since we last headed 'sarf', but at last the day is almost upon us. I have to attend the 'day job' on Saturday and Sunday and then in the wee small hours of Monday morning, in an effort to miss 'rush hour' at all points on the drive, we leave, headed for London :o)

4 Comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Too Funny! You realize of course that the broadband will turn up just about 15 minutes before you go on vacation, thereby totally torturing you while you're gone.

And yes, those are bumps on that girl. You are too saucy these days! :)

Snowbabies said...

I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out, but yes, there does appear to be the a hint of a nipple :o)

I really do hope you get things sorted out wit BT soon, is there anyone else you can complain to, offcom or Watchdog perhaps? I dare say BT wouldn't take any notice of those either but it might make you feel better for a day or two :-)

Have a great time in London, you might try scaling the BT Tower with a banner while you're down that way lol.

Paul.

dkgoodman said...

Nipples are not miscellany! :)

There is a bright spot in the appropriate position on the chick's right one that gives the appearance of a nub-like projection where one would expect it. Survey says: It's a nipple!

Perhaps in future you should record your conversations with British Telafib for playback when they doubt your veracity.

P M Prescott said...

I don't see a nipple, what I see is the ragged edge of going down the center and possibly the ragged part of the edge could be mistaken for said protuberance.