It suddenly dawned on me sometime yesterday, as I bemoaned the fact that my holiday is almost over, that I am turning into a hermit!
Gemmaks-ville is a lovely, nay beautiful place but it does however present one or two small challenges where entertainment is concerned. It is heavenly if you wish to walk the hills, put a hook in a fish's mouth, kill a bird with lead pellet or chase a terrified fox with hounds ( I won't do that subject right now, it's to early for 'immotive' but I'm sure you can detect my general feeling) but if your bag is more mundane joys such as galleries, cinemas, flexing a plastic card or the theatre, the logistics are a little off putting!
It is thus that I realised my current 'state of hermit' yesterday. I have been home from the big city since last Saturday, that's seven whole days for those of you still 'out of your tree' at this hour, yes you know who you are, and I haven't been further than my car in all that time, not once have I ventured out any greater distance than a neighbours for coffee!
There are two peculiar aspects to this little fact. The first is that I don't know where the days went, but seven days feels like two...... and the second is that I thoroughly enjoyed my time hidden away. My intellect tells me I shouldn't, that I ought to be 'out' and with people but who needs intellect and who needs 'a life'....I am afterall on holiday and there is of course the great God broadband now in gemak's-ville!
That said, my little hiatus is to end abruptly soon, tomorrow heralds the dreaded return to the 'day job' and an alarm that will ring cruelly at 5 am.......dammit, I kinda like being a hermit!
N.B. Apologies for any spellling errors, Blogger seem to have lost all their bells and whistles this morning, good grief, I even had to type my own tags....it's not good.
Friday, 26 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment