Wednesday, 6 April 2005

Video me not!

Not that I wish to be negative where technological advance is concerned but Google's decision to trial video blogging is a little worrying on two fronts.

Those of us who use this service, and yes I know it's free and perhaps we shouldn't complain too loudly, are well aware of it's shortcomings and the resulting frustrations. By allowing upload of video I can only see that the servers will struggle further, lets face it, even without the added weight of what are generally large files Google's servers already struggle frequently from time to time so heaven knows what our waiting and reload times will be once they also have to deal with video!

This may be an unpopular opinion but I for one would prefer to have the option of paying for an upgraded Blogger account that works with more ease.

That aside it seems slightly sad that even blogging might reduced to another form of TV, is blogging not in large part about writing? Let's hope that video clips will be occasional items in a blog and not, that in times to come, we will see hordes of people sitting infront of poorly focused digicams or webcams, droning on day after day!

0 Comments: