A few weeks back I blogged on how late one evening I decided to search for other bloggers in my area. My search came up with just one result, a guy called John who lives just a few miles away, and from that point on he and I began mailing and visiting one another's blogs.
John's blog was private but he kindly gave me the URL, more recently it became not private and I added him to my blogroll....yup, it's 'John's web journal', down there on the right, which incidentally if you haven't done so already, is worth a read.
Anyways all that aside, we have been mailing since I first landed uninvited in his inbox but we have never met. This morning for no real reason, as I drove into work I considered that one day, surely we must run into one another or at the very least drive past one another, navigational options in this small corner of Scotland are not many.
Imagine my amazement then this afternoon on my drive home when I came up upon the rear of a vehicle that I knew to be the same model as his. Closer inspection revealed it to be the correct year of registration, what I thought was the correct colour, it carried inhabitants fitting his and his wife's descriptions. Everything matched, even down to the appropriate breed of dog peering out from the back! Nah....surely not I thought, too spooky, I continued on his tail trying to get a better look and then overtook....still I was not sure.
Immediately I got home I mailed him with the "were you on this road at this time and what colour is your car" questions, "yes" came his reply...."woman in a blue car"? Yes, I said!!!
It may not be too unlikely that eventually we would come across one another in such a small and unpopulated area eventually... but on the very same day I was thinking of it??
Spooky, very spooky!
Thursday, 28 April 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment