Over the last week or two I have been lulled into a false sense of security. The sun has shone brightly, the daffodils and other spring flowers poked their pretty little heads out of the warmer ground and skies were often blue....summer was on it's way.
As further proof, yesterday on my way into work, as I picked up a few essentials at the supermarket I noticed the first strawberries on sale and despite a rather extreme price made haste to the checkout clutching my summer fare. Strawberries mean summer right? Wrong!
By the time I got home in the evening the temperature here had plummeted to barely above zero and a strong wind was blowing all and sundry around. So strong in fact that trying to navigate my way on foot from my car to the front door proved to be so much of a challenge that at one point I quite literally couldn't move forward against it! The spring plants on my balcony where flattened, pots where rolling around on their sides depositing their contents underfoot and limbs of small trees where no longer attached.
The night was no improvement, the roof rattled constantly, the temperature dropped further and the wind howled unhaltingly around the building. Ditto, displeased, was not for venturing out and instead 'danced' loudly around the flat, expending copious amounts of energy, all night long.
This morning....can you believe it....it is snowing!! This is not snow of massive proportions, we are in no danger of becoming blocked in but none the less, this is April, this is spring is it not?....and we have snow?? Ok, so I love snow, waited all winter for snow but in April? It is not unheard of granted but just two days ago it was positively summery, very peculiar!
Friday, 8 April 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment