Monday, 7 March 2005

South-bound

So.....this time next week PG and I should have just about completed our journey south on our forthcoming visit to my parents, just outside of London and I can't wait. I'm like a child going on holiday each time and this time it seems so long since I saw them.

It's something in the region of six months since we last made it down there, two people working different shifts, both with employers who aren't overly accommodating about when leave can be taken makes it sometimes seem a nigh on an impossible task to get organised.

They of course came here for new year but it still seems an age and we have so much catching up to do. My fathers birthday is a day or two before we arrive so it will be nice to be able to celebrate that with them, albeit a few days late. Aside from that I have no idea what is planned for this visit though doubtless with my fathers 'military style' organisation and planning there will be much in store.

My one reservation is Poppy, she and Ditto of course have to go on their own less anticipated 'holiday' to the cattery. Poppy is in no way phased by this process but I am slightly concerned now that at her age she will become ill again or worse with us 400 miles away. Hey ho, there is no viable alternative so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope. We are only away for 5 days so things should be ok.

Lord knows what will happen with my new years 'resolution' to post something here every day this year. Those of you familiar with these forays south will also be familiar with the er....'parental restrictions' on internet time whilst we are visiting. Suffice to say it is limited! I have a cunning plan to circumnavigate this problem, more on that another time.

So....the countdown begins again, only 7 more sleeps to go..........

0 Comments: