Monday, 6 September 2004

At the eleventh hour

Today didn't work out as planned.....at the 'eleventh hour', circumstances beyond our control dictated it better that we go to visit PG'a father tomorrow. Half of me heaved a sigh of relief the other half knows we have to key ourselves up for it allover again in the morning.

Consequently I have found myself at a bit of a loss as to what to do with my day, having made plans to be busy all day today I had caught up with everything I needed to do last night and what I was going to do tomorrow will have to wait, that aspect of the re-arrangements I'm not sorry about!

Tomorrows planned job was to be to endeavor to lay a laminate floor myself.
I will no doubt rue my decision to take matters into my own hands later this week. Ok guys I know this isn't quite on the scale of house building or foundation digging but believe me, that stuff is damn heavy when you're small!

I'm not even convinced I like the stuff but the carpet is crying out to be replaced and laminate flooring is cheap, this is a rented property and I'm not paying a fortune to carpet someone else's floor! Laminate is also considerably more forgiving where cat vomit is an issue!

So I'm off to gather together a jigsaw, mitre block and other sundry items. PG has promised to assist but I wont hold my breath, particularly if there is an upturn in the weather and golf becomes an option! DIY is neither his passion nor his forte.

Expect there to be expletives of exasperation here later this week ....these
'simple' jobs fail ever to be simple in practice!

0 Comments: