
Birds on a wire

Paradise lost
Having scrambled out of bed after yet another night of less than 4 hours sleep, yes I was on here again, I have decided at last to give up the unequal struggle and finally admit to myself that there is just not going to be a summer this year!
Absolutely torrential rain greeted me for what must be the umpteenth time this year, as I forced my eyelids apart at 6 am and as yet there is no let up. The swallows, normally merrily on the wing at this early hour, where all huddled in sad, wet little lines along the phone wires, their only exercise being to keep shaking themselves in an attempt to remain less sodden! Ditto has parked herself on the doorstep thus far, ever hopeful of a let up. She ventured bravely down to the car with PG as he left for work, as ever her morning routine dictates, and then beat a very hasty retreat back to the doormat, for some weather monitoring from a safe distance!
I seem to keep posting dismal pictures of a less than appealing view but believe me what looks like fog is not......it's the heavy rainfall. I am certainly no meteorologist but to me it seems that we are now beginning to get our comeuppence and global warming is showing it's future intent.
We live perhaps 20 meters from the river Whiteadder which is looking decidedly over full this morning. Last winter it broke it's banks impressively overnight and turned most of what you see in this picture into a flood plane. From where we are situated it was quite a phenomenon to see what is normally a small river, become a raging torrent but for the guy that owns the stable and the horses on that land it was far less interesting im sure. We thankfully are on reasonably high ground but not so high we can afford to be overly complacent!
And so......I will be forced once having attended to the day to day responsibilities of a domestic goddess (Hmmmm) to spend my day on here. I have a few little 'toys' I am looking forward to investigating and a template of slightly muddled HTML to attend to..........as they say, every cloud has a silver lining and the inclement conditions mean I can play to my hearts content without even a twinge of guilt!
Excuse me....did I hear someone in the back there mutter 'get a life'??!
:o)


6 Comments:
Lol Menina.......I don't hold out much hope for a reasonable autumn given the summer here! :o/
Since you're fiddling with the HTML ...
Could you please lose that white text on a black background? I mean no offence but I get an after-image after reading your posts and can't see properly for five minutes. I was told some things you can do on the internet will make you go blind, but I didn't think blogging was one of them. :-)
Although perhaps it's just middle-age catching up with me.
Now you mention it so do I....it's probably the advancing years catching up with both of us but its a pain innit.It was my understanding also that some things on the internet could make you blind but like you I wasn't aware that this was one of them. ;o)
A serious consideration will be given to a comlpete change.......I'm bored with this now anyways!
Living in So. California we have no rain, none, zero, zip, nada, nothing, from about mid to late March until late October early November and even then we don't get much. I love rain but I agree. Enough is enough! It's so dry here I'd love to have a few days in a row of rain but that hasn't happened here in a couple of years. Fortunately I live near the beach so we do get fog and can pretend like it's drizzle. At least the fog makes for a decent sleeping in morning. Overall though, sunny and warm, sunny and warm, sunny and warm, every day, day after day, week after week, month after month. sigh.
Well, I must be younger than either ofyou geriatrics, 'cos I have no problems with the white on black at all. As for things making you go blind --- no idea what you are talking about! Sheltered upbringing, you see! lol
Gemmak, since I emailed you a few minutes ago, the scroller and the Blogsnob link are now showing on our desktop! Weird innit!!!
Jenny: Lol...........I feel very geriatric today and can hardly focus on my screen at all....blind? who mentioned blind?? hehe. Sheltered upbringing indeed! :o)
Nothing as wierd as microchips I say.....damn things!
Terri: Fancy one of those exchange holidays that students do??? hehe.
Post a Comment