Tuesday, 17 August 2004

Friday13th revisited


Not!

Having had to cancel my hair appointment last Friday, courtesy of my car behaving in a decidedly strange fashion en route, this morning I had the replacement appointment to attend. I dislike going to the hairdressers with a vengeance at the best of times, inane conversation, poor coffee and the delights of a 'back wash' do not endear this necessary procedure to me but my current coiffeuse resembling a birds nest dictated that it couldn't be avoided, so off I went on my journey.

The instant I put my foot on the accelerator I just knew it........the same bloody car problem was distinctly apparent, only one cylinder showing any motivation to fire whatsoever and that not very impressively! Arghhhhhhh.

I'm sorry but patience just isn't my forte and had I wanted a car that required weekly mechanical attention I would have bought a beautiful classic, saved myself the cost of road tax and at least enjoyed envious glances from passers by. This car, a standard uninteresting model was purchased for reliability. For me cars such as this are supposed to start first time, propel me to my destination with reasonable efficiency and not bugger about only two months or so out of warranty!

I decided on this occasion I was not going to miss yet another appointment. It didn't catch fire last time despite the delightful burning aroma it gave off, so presumably it wasn't going to this time and thus I coaxed this ailing heap of junk the remainder of the journey, whilst I called the dealer again (yes hands free) and had more protracted conversation with the same very nice man who tried to fix it a few days ago.

So the upshot is they can't take it until next Monday (deep happiness), requiring me to drive to work at the weekend at a snails pace, (I'm assured it can do no more damage!) they don't have a courtesy car available for me and this time we are talking serious sums of money!

This car may well find itself abandoned in part exchange where the dealer can suffer the cost himself....can I afford it? No but like I said patience isn't my forte!

I'm not a happy blogger.... but I did at least return my barnet to some degree of order and the aggravation involved in making it to the appointment at all, distracted me from the inane conversation and expected dire cup of coffee.

2 Comments:

BeFrank said...

You have my sympathies. My parents had four sons and each developed specific skills which would benefit them in life. I was blessed with a mind capable of making sense of an ever changing world of computers and technology. Another brother was gifted with the ability to talk in the language of gasoline engines and all things automotive. We're still waiting to see what the hell the other two are good for, but my point is, I feel your pain. I've gotten better through the years, but it still takes massive amounts of my time and/or money whenever I dare to own a vehicle beyond the warranty period. I get by, but just barely.

riskybiz said...

Sounds like time to get another vehicle. I don't have a friend who is a mechanic, but a friend who is now in charge of vehicle distribution for Canada, new and used for one car company.
I skipping mechanics if I can help it and just buying newer cars if I can.
Your hair looks lovely, really!