
Point of entry.
As someone who has spent a large proportion of her life online over the last five years I have sometimes mused over the fact that I have never received so much as one piece of spam!!
I have the obligatory stupid number of email addresses, I am connected to the internet 24/7, I am not remotely careful where I surf, I shop online, I am on various mailing lists,etc. etc. etc. and still never have I been on the receiving end of those un-delightfully phrased emails we know and love as spam. Not once, not on one single occasion have I been offered a penis enlargement or a ready supply of viagra! PG has a similar record, zip, zilch a big fat zero.
My father on the other hand, like the majority it seems, spends the first part of his morning sifting wearily through his mailbox trying to find anything even remotely pertaining to a real email. Conversely he is very careful where he goes and what he does online, as is the way perhaps of silver surfers.
Very peculiar.
I have joked often on the subject that I feel left out. Why does no one see fit to regale my inbox with these offers of various delights? What is it I did to be so completely disregarded by the spammers? who knows.... but my self satisfied amusement at the misfortune of others inboxes being weighed down with the offending communications has come to an abrupt and shuddering end this morning. My very first spam arrived sometime overnight in the expected shape of an offer of a 'non surgical penis enlargement' and 'impressive erection rigidity'.......no surprise there then. The words pride and fall come swiftly to mind!
Ho hum.... one would think that these spammers might at least get their target audience sorted!


3 Comments:
Congratulations on being SPAMMED!!!
You WON 1,000,000 dollares for being the 12978342th person to be spammed. Please send me a check for 280ponds so I can make some money off you and send you a fake check.
Hehehe.
I think getting spammed has a lot to do with ur username. For my school account, when I changed it to my name, instead of the funky username they gave me, the amount of spam I got jumped. So....yeah.
Have a Greatt day.
WTG, Scottie! I'm so proud of you!! LOL!
Lol Mohan, are you suggesting that my username is boring? hehe.
Dale: Thanks, I'm just sooo proud! Hmmmm
'Nortons' caught the said spam I have to admit but I just had to read it! hehehe. Assuming this is just the start of things to come it will fast lose it's novelty value!
Post a Comment