I'm sure if I obtained the appropriate education on the subject all this would become clear..........or maybe not!
Every day this infernal machine reminds me just how little I really understand. It has a life all of it's own. I'm convinced little gremlins reside happily along with my motherboard, graphics card and hard drive etc. ready to give me the finger at every opportunity!
Take yesterday for instance, I was trying to mail a friend, just a few lines, nothing earth shattering, one address after another failed to either send or receive. I switched to my laptop in aggravation to find the same problem, but with different addresses..............and does anyone actually understand all those error messages??? I checked my settings, all fine, nothing changed, so I set about deciphering some of the errors.That in itself requires a few free hours and generally results in my being none the wiser. I did discover however that in this instance it was the old chestnut 'server problems. This time my personal family of gremlins where not to be blamed. That said, and given the number of different addresses I was attempting to use to carry out this great email sending feat .............was yesterday 'international server rest day' or some such event?? Grrrrrrr.
My other ongoing annoyance is certainly due to my lack of knowledge. No hard drive residing gremlins to lay the blame with on this one! I know other bloggers etc. can track me, my movements on their site, where I have come from, what country I live in etc. etc. How do they get such detailed information? Granted my site stats app. is a freebie so I can't expect miracles. It does provide me with some of the aforementioned 'spy tactics' but by no means all.......... will someone out there please make my day and enlighten me?
My final grumble is closer to home..........PG! Why does he feel it so necessary to fiddle here to such an extent that he sends 'Windows' crashing to the ground in thousands of minute pieces with regular monotony! Ok I hear you say, my fault for using Windows in the first place, but gimme a break, I can't take in a new o/s as well just now! Granted, he picks it up and puts it all back together for me but hey.......I can live without it!
Rant over :o)
Thursday, 1 July 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
Re your final grumble - see my recent blog on computers. They just can't help it, poor souls! Men! Who'd be without them!! :-)
Lol Jenny, it does seem to be a 'man thing', some just seem to have to meddle...God love em! :o)
Post a Comment