Monday, 3 January 2011

New year...new me!

Well then, my first resolution of the year appears to have failed already...that I will blog more doesn't seem to have happened but I am here now and at least it's still the first week of the new year! There is hope!

So...resolutions, I don't usually do them, I see them as another way to set oneself up to fail but this time, whilst it's not quite a resolution I have promised myself I will do my level best to make some changes.

This is all pretty easy to type here but I am well aware that the doing it will require more than a little determination to see it through and that it will be all too easy to lose sight of the goal but I am determined and I am writing the goal here so I can't forget....because you lot hopefully won't let me.

The goal; Well I have spent the better part of the last two years feeling like I have been trying to keep everyone happy but me, putting the needs of others before myself and more importantly letting circumstances and situations run my life for me. Maybe that had to be for a time and I just had to live like that but the time has come where I have to become more proactive and make the changes I need happen.

It's going to take diplomacy - not my forte - it's going to take balls - I'm scared to death - and it's going to take time and strength but I'm going to do it, come hell or high water this year I need to put me first some of the time and begin to make life what I want it to be....or at least make steps in the right direction.

No doubt I will fall by the wayside here and there and no doubt I will lose sight of my goal from time to time but by this time next year some significant things will have changed in gemmak's-ville.

You have my permission to nag me and kick my ass should you see me losing my direction along the way...in fact, please do!

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys :)

4 Comments:

Sage said...

You go girl, just tell them that you also need to look after yourself or you will be fit for nothing... ditto for N too xx xx

EFT Video said...

Gather all your courage and strengths and do the things you love! Your family and friends are always there to support you. Hope you'll find true happiness within you. New year, new life, new us.

TESOL certification said...

Open your hearts on what you truly desire! It'll bring you happiness and contentment. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

who are EFT and TESOL? They sound funny people!

Anyway, you have an excellent track record for succeeding in all the things you want to achieve in 2011 - yes, I know you will challenge me on that, but in truth you do yourself a disservice and you are strong with lots n lots of great things going on. So there!

You will look back and laugh lots at the 360 in the van as well as the tortuous arrangements you make with N ....

Good luck!