Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Remember 'Hammy'?

Those who read here regularly will remember 'Hammy' perhaps?

Well as of yesterday she is no longer, she is deceased, gone to the great hamster cage in the sky :(

I appreciate this isn't on the scale of some of my recent losses but it makes me a little sad nonetheless, despite the fact that she didn't live with me any longer.

When life necessitated that I move to my parents eighteen months ago I couldn't keep her so my brother took her, but she had an eventful little life and after she made a number of escape attempts it was decided she would go to one of his friends. She had narrowly missed a few over enthusiastic 'investigations' by his dog and it was only going to be a matter of time....

The said friend is an animal nut and really wanted her as opposed to just taking her out of kindness so, off she went about a year ago to join the menagerie already resident at her new home.

All was well, she was well cared for, I saw her occasionally and she had as much food and attention as any hamster could wish for.

She died of old age in her sleep but she was a happy little hamster who had more adventures than many.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw sad she's gone.

(Even if she was an arch finger-biting madam).

Sage said...

I am sorry, even being little they occupy a large chunk of heart xx xx

Jennytc said...

Sorry to hear that but I'm pleased she had such a good home when she had to leave you.

Daisy said...

I am very sorry Hammy had to go to the Rainbow Bridge.

Lisa said...

Awww... poor thing. They're so much fun, but they don't last as long as you'd like.

Sorry she's gone.

Anonymous said...

aw - hope she went tomher first new home with the wonderful house she had ... RIP Hammy!