Monday, 12 July 2010

I am almost....

....afraid to even type this post for fear of putting my usual hex, or some other heinous infliction, on the situation but as one who has always maintained she isn't superstitious, I shall be brave and continue!

The man, you knew before I even began of course that was going to be the subject of this post didn't you?!

So, the man, let's just call him 'N' for now, is positively lovely and surprisingly he appears to think the same of me, he's open, honest, upfront and doesn't play games, so far it has been way too simple, there have been no traumas, no let downs, nothing suspicious and none of the usual crap and bother that seem to have been the norm where the men I have dated recently have been concerned.

Friday, date number 2, we went out for dinner, a balmy summers evening sat on the restaurant terrace, eating and drinking and chatting like we had known one another for for much longer than a few weeks, followed by a moonlit walk...... we didn't want the evening to end!

Sunday, date number 3, a walk along the Thames at Marlow hand in hand, laughing and talking and larking around (that is not a euphemism) like a pair of kids, a drink in a lovely bar and then hours just talking.....We didn't want the evening to end!

What more can I say? Maybe that I seem to have a ridiculously stupid grin plastered on my face most of the time and life feels a whole lot better suddenly, even the tough stuff doesn't seem quite so tough right now :)

What else can I say, I am scared bloody witless, I like this feeling, I really like this man and I don't want things to go their usual way of late....straight to hell.

This time it matters.

Fingers crossed please if you would.

4 Comments:

Silvia said...

just go with the flow...don't push but don't be to reticent....have fun enjoy what you have so far...if it's ment to be it will be x

Lisa said...

Have fun! It's good to be happy. :)

gemmak said...

Silvia: Advice read and understood, thank you, I shall try my best but a\s you know this stuff isn't my forte it would seem! ;) x

Lisa: It sure is :)

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed as instructed! i have a good feeling about this .....