So, Ms. 'thought she was pretty internet savvy' here has made a glaringly fundamental mistake!
This blog began with the intention of being anonymous and for the most part, over almost six years, I have achieved that. There has of course been one or two 'glitches' but nothing major and I was pretty convinced that I had secured it well enough that strangers couldn't find it and associate it with me, the real person.
WRONG!
It transpired yesterday that someone I had met online only the day before, managed to find 'gemmak'....and more worryingly, he did it very easily, dammit! I had overlooked one thing (that I am aware of!). Well to be more specific I hadn't overlooked it, I had considered it and thought it highly unlikely anyone would go that route.
Wrong again!
As it happens in this case (if you read this you know who you are and I should thank you for making me aware!)it doesn't actually matter and there's no real issue other than my embarrassment but given my recent stalker episode it does concern me. I have however now 'plugged the hole' so it will be much harder for anyone to go the same route in the future but it has made me think again about the fact that over the years I have got a little complacent and that I must sharpen up my act.
Incidentally, for obvious reasons I won't advertise the 'loophole' here but if you want to know for the preservation of your own anonymity, just drop me a line or a comment.
Ms. Not so bloody savvy eh? Duh!
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Comments:
I have LOADS of loopholes.. but ummmm what was your???? :)
Urbanvox: You got it via DM ;)
I am hoping I am protected, but as ever there will always be loopholes I am not aware of, so if you can let me know.
Hopefully your stalker will leave you alone.
Fancy a trip down to Kernow sometime? we will have a spare room and a spare pillion seat behind SOH.
what's the word little lady... what's the word!!!
Bugger. I have found some loopholes having just done a quick trawl through the internet.
Sage: YES! That would be fab sometime, thank you :) Details of loophole coming at you via mail :)
deanna: I'll mail you :)
Mmm, yeah, I'd like to know if you don't mind.
Post a Comment