Whoever it was persuaded me to ever get into the whole dating site thing, I suspect can't possibly have gone that route themselves...that or they thought they might have a little joke on me!
What a bloody carry-on!
The best I can say for it is that it has it amusing moments and it probably beats watching paint dry but that's about as good as it gets. I appreciate it's hard to describe ones self but come on....somewhere near the reality might be a possibility, or maybe not it seems.
Perhaps some individuals have a very different view of themselves than others see them and I'm all for people having a good positive image of themselves but my idea of 'slightly cuddly' isn't 30 stone at 5'6" tall, my idea of 'honest' isn't to tell me you don't have kids and then suddenly remember three whole ones, my idea of 'respect' isn't to ask me what colour underwear I am wearing within three emails and nor is my idea of 'intelligent and articulate' someone who can't manage to spell the title of their profession!
I know there must be some normal guys out there but they seem few and far between on dating sites that's for sure. Thus far I have met only one normal guy, it didn't work out but we remain good friends but most don't even have the civility to even acknowledge a message. How hard can it be just to say, 'sorry, not interested' or something along those lines!
I have persevered I promise you but as time goes on my interest is waning badly, the best it seems I can hope for is a kind of horrified amusement and the opportunity to respond curtly to some pretty weird/worrying/downright scary/laughable [insert any number of other options unmentionable here] offers!
I don't mind someones weight/number of children/yada yada, we are all individuals and I don't, I hope, have preconcieved ideas, particularly about physicality, it's the downright dishonesty that gets me!
Jeez!
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Comments:
Maybe there is something in your specification re what you are looking for? Is there a space to say "Fatties fu*k off", fathers with kids under 20 ditto, (don't wants) ditto
Even if it does work, could have fun devising your hate list!
Lol @ 'Fattiees F*ck off' :) I don't actually mind if someone is a fatty/has kids/whatever, we are all different...what I mind is the downright dishonsty! Meh.
Perhaps I should include that as a footnote! :)
I'd say as long as you are being honest with yourself, about the qualities you are looking for in a mate, the kinds of qualities you want to find in a potential partner, one day, that person will present them self to you in an unexpected way. I met my wife several years before we started going out, it wasn't until I started taking an interest in who she was, beyond our professional relationship, that things started to change. I'll add that I spent several years alone and very lonely. I always new I liked speaking to her, and she always had such nice things to say about her family. Over time I came to the realization that this was someone I wanted to have a more intimate relationship with. In an online setting, it's quite hard to do that unless everyone is being completely honest. I'd say in the short amount of time I have been reading your blog, you don't seem like a shallow person. I do hope you find the love you deserve.
Post a Comment