Tuesday, 23 March 2010

The countdown has begun...

....to my small holiday-ette! Only three more sleeps.

Friday morning, bright eyed and hopefully bushy tailed I am off for about a week to my sisters in the Midlands. It may not sound like the usual salubrious kind of holiday destination but there's no flight costs, it's a change of scenery and I can get back quickly should it be required....always assuming the crap car doesn't disintegrate en-route! Hey, it's a break, that's good enough.

Alternative arrangements have been made for my responsibilities here and thus far it appears to be a go, famous last words but with a little luck and a prevailing wind it will happen....and I can't wait!

A whole week of less stress, the highly entertaining company of my two teenage nieces, my sister and brother are always good company, different places to investigate, uninterrupted time to dedicate to looking for a job and time to just 'be' and get my head together some. Oh, and there's the rabbit of course! :)

Bring it on!

3 Comments:

Mahala said...

You have indeed earned it!

Jack said...

Good for you. I could use a trip to the country myself.

Enjoy!

Mr. Nighttime said...

Hey, enjoy yourself. I loved visiting the Midlands when I was in England.