Tuesday, 5 January 2010

I am waiting....

.....with breath baited for what the meteorological guys promise me is going to be a pretty significant snowfall here over the next few days.

Thus far there have only been a few flakes but the 'official' time of commencement isn't until approx. 18:00hrs so I remain ever hopeful!

Quite why I enjoy all this so much I am never entirely sure, there are certainly a few negatives, trying to fight my way through frozen locks to get into my car and home, at 2am this morning in minus 6 degrees, being one of them.

Even I will admit to looking forward to the summer for a moment at that point...but it soon passed!

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

2 am? Dirty stop out. My cat gets in earlier than that. Well done (smiley face emoticon goes here)

gemmak said...

John: Lol...what can I say? ;)

daffy said...

oooooh I wonder if John can get us that emoticon of the depressed valium taking smiley! hehe
I don't want to crow too loudly....yet... but the snow that is hitting Manchester really hard, bypassed us... I think...
:o)

Punctuation said...

You lot should all come over here for this Wednesday and Thursday where we are expecting 5 to 7 inches of guaranteed snow with minus 17 to minus 20 degrees fahrenheit (that's MINUS 27 to MINUS 28 degrees centigrade).

It's quite nice outside right now in the balmy minus 11F / -23C.

The good news is that on Thursday they are expecting a record wind chill of minus 30F or minus 34C. I'm not sure what that feels like but I'm pretty certain I'm not going to like it.... :-)

Jack said...

Baited breath? That sounds a
little fishy to me.

Minus 6C doesn't generate much sympathy over here in the colonies. I live in the heart of the Confederacy, and it's been colder than that for days.

Note to self: Move further south.

Good luck on your job hunt. Wishing you all good things.