Well that's that done and dusted and over with, Christmas is behind us and I have to admit I am not sorry. I know that's pretty much of a 'bah humbug grumpy bint' attitude but there it is, it wasn't my best festive season by a long way!
We did I have to say, make the best of it and being with my sister and her family made it a whole lot better but for all of us it's our first 'event' without my dad and for me my first for a very long while single, definitely a status I am learning to dislike intensely and particularly at holiday times. It just isn't nice. I know there are many that hail female independence in the 21st century, yada, yada, yada but it just isn't for me, I wasn't built to be a solitary soul in this manner and whilst I may be getting used to it, I have no wish whatsoever to tolerate the single life for long!
Hey ho, onward. We have the new year to get through and then maybe some semblance of normality can begin to resume. What my normality will be now I have no idea but my life is set to change again quite significantly over the next few months.
Did I mention I am fed up with change? A spell of stability might be nice for a while.....I'm not holding my breath!
Sunday, 27 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
You'll get there, Gem, I know you will. Happy holidays,hon, to you and your family.
Zxxx
Glad you survived this christmastime, hope you have a better 2010 than 2009 turned out to be, may you experience joy and happiness xx
Post a Comment