I really wasn't born to be single, it doesn't suit me, I don't like sleeping alone or waking up alone, I don't like having no-one to share the day to day stuff with, conversations about the minutiae of life and shared experiences, I'm a tactile soul and I miss touches and cuddles (minds out of the gutter please guys), I'm not keen on doing everything on my own, I miss having someone to care for and take care of and I miss being cared for, but I do like feeling I can be me!I like that I can be who I really am, I don't have to live up to the expectations of someone else, I don't have to consider what I do or where I go, I can do what I want when I want (ok, so current circumstances are restricting but that's an entirely different issue), I can say what I want too to whom ever I want to, I don't have to pretend to be anything I'm not, I can be honest with myself, I don't have to feel inadequate or stupid or make excuses for who I am or why I am, I can just be me and if that doesn't suit some then so be it.
I really didn't realise quite how much of who me is I had compromised over time and how much I wasn't impressed with who I was turning into...it's only with the benefit of hindsight (ok and some counselling) that I can now see what was happening.
I don't of course have all the answers and for the most part I particularly dislike this single thing, I detest feeling so lonely, but it has made me more self-aware and I have learned and gained from it in an obtuse way. Yes of course I would love to meet my 'Mr Almost Perfect' but one thing is for sure, if I do he will have to like who I really am next time and accept that I don't actually want to be someone else!
Brave words perhaps from one usually so pathetically given to the 'state of wimp' and much of the time I probably don't believe it myself.... but that I can at all, even just now and then, I count as a positive thing and some measure of my ability to dig my heels in when things get tough.


6 Comments:
Good
:) you've come a long way in those 6 months xx
They say that life is full of compromise, but why did it feel so much of me had to be compromised a long the way and yet the ex-bf (Not SOH) didn't give up on any of his antics..
When you find that significant other, don't give away too much of what makes you special and unique.. it's what he will have fell in love with and will continue to do so..
xx
This post reminds me of something I read on Post Secret: "I've finally realized that sometimes you lose the good things in life to make room for the great things."
I am sure you thought at one point, that it was good to be with him...but here's to hoping that you find a great things after him...hugs!
Are you Carrie Bradshaw?
Louise: Lol, sadly not!
Post a Comment