Wednesday, 5 August 2009

One day at a time

Well, things are pottering along in gemmak's-ville much as you would expect, we are taking life one day at a time and getting through the tough bits as a pretty good small team.

The NHS I have to say, comes into it's own under these circumstances, the medical professionals and all the support systems have swung into action without issue and it's all pretty much running without hitch, though one does begin to feel that a degree in administration should be indicated to keep it all together! Quite how people without help manage to keep track of it all I'm not sure.

Day on day we are mostly in good spirits and despite the trials of the situation we are having a pretty good time and laughing a lot. My nurses hat is firmly positioned, though to be honest it doesn't look particularly good with jeans, and I have managed to overcome my usually extremely squeamish predilections and wield an injection or two whilst still maintaining an upright position!......be impressed please!

Tis life as they say, not always as one would choose it but life, much as we would like to think otherwise is not always entirely within our control, how we deal with it however is and things are going pretty well thus far, given the situation we are presented with.

And while I'm about it, to those of you out there who have given your, as ever, unstinting support, you know who you are and I thank you...much!

1 Comments:

P said...

I'm really glad you're starting to feel a bit better. :)