Yesterday was somewhat chaotic as you can imagine, caring for someone very ill at home requires a pretty large amount of organisation and there has been so much to do, so many professionals to contact and so much information to obtain that really I haven't yet had time to stop and think much. This is probably a good thing!
There is though in any situation the amusing aspects and even in this situation that applies.
TP decided yesterday morning that as we live in a three story house something needed to be done about the communication issue. The phrase 'communication issue' here refers of course to his needing to summon either myself or my mother for whatever he might need if he is on an upper level. Ever the techie, his resolution to the problem was that we should acquire walkie-talkies and so my brother was immediately dispatched to source said equipment.
Presently he returned clutching a box containing a high end version which was duly charged and 'tested'. This thing had an 8km range...and I'll give you one guess who it was got the distance end of the deal!! We of course didn't have to test it to it's maximum limit but I have to say, that having tramped a fair distance from home, testing as I went, there is no danger this thing isn't going to work within the house!!
A good idea it may very well be but there are some things you just know you are going to come to regret....and this I suspect is going to be one of them! What was wrong with an old fashioned bell? At least one could pretend not to hear that on occasion! I have informed TP that my set has an 'mute' button should he find it amusing to over use this new system! ;o)
Saturday, 1 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Comments:
You all need to mug up on these - http://tinyurl.com/mdfcad
humour is a wonderful thing to have in most circumstances and I am glad that TP and you are indulging :-)
once a techie, always a techie - WN would be proud of him!
belleek
Thank you for the stories and memories they return. I too was amazed at the level of nursing I was able to rise to when needed when mom and again when auntie was sick. Carry on, girl, you're doing a good job!
Post a Comment